Historical Research - A.Our First Ancestors

A.Our First Ancestors

Capsule 2-4 - The Story of Marie-Jeanne Matte  -  by claudematte|ALL

Marie-Jeanne Matte

Name: Marie-Jeanne Matte (4,2, 1, -1)         · Sex : F

Birth: December 19, 1679 in Domburg, Quebec, Canada

· Baptism: 20 December 1679 in  Domburg, Quebec, Canada,     

  Sponsor : Pierre Gatien      Sponsor : Jeanne Constantineau              

Priest; Germain Morin, a missionary priest

Marriage: Jacques Bourgouin (also spelled as) Bourguignon, 3 Nov. 1695 in Neuville, Quebec, Canada, son of Pierre Bourgoin and Catherine Basset. Born 1670-05-14, named 1670-05-15 at the Notre Dame Church of in Quebec City. Born 1670-05-14, named 1670-05-15 at the Notre Dame Church, in Quebec City. The parents were absent. In attendance were Léonard Matte and Claude Bourgoin brothers of the couple.

. J. Basset, priest from Neuville Quebec officiated.

    (Act of baptism registered in Quebec).

Death: 29 Jan 1703 in St Antoine De Tilly, Quebec, Canada.

Burial: 29 January 1703

Father: Nicolas Matte (2.1, -1) 8 Dec. 1636 b. Ste. Genevieve in Bray, Ar. Dieppe, Archbishop of Rouen, Seine-Maritime, France.  Mary: 12 Oct. 1671, Quebec

Mother: Marie Madeleine Auvray (1, 1, -1) b: 1652 to Saint-Vivien, Rouen, Normandy, France, married: 12 Oct. 1671.

Biography

Marie-Jeanne Matte lived with Nicolas Matte age 45, Madeleine Auvray, age 29 ans, Laurent Matte age 5, Marie Matte, age 8 and Léonard Matte, age 10 in 1681 in the Seigneury of Domburg, Neuville.She began her married life in Neuville.

She married at the age of 16 in 1695 to Jacques Bourgoin who was 25 years older. Around 1700, she moved to Saint-Antoine-de-Tilly. She died in St-Antoine de Tilly and was buried with her daughter Maria Therese.

  Jacques was born on May 14, 1670 and baptized at our Notre Dame of Quebec May 15. In attendance were Pierre, his father, Catherine Basset his mother, Jacques Renault, Jean Defirment and Anne Defirment daughter. Henri Debernières was the priest.  

Jacques Bourgoin married Jeanne Mesny Feb 9, 1706 in Ste. Famille on, the Ile Orléans, Quebec and had 6 other children. The anonymous child mentioned on websites is the son of Jacques and Jeanne Mesny, his 2nd wife.  He was born and baptized at home on 6-12-1706 and buried the same day in the parish of the Nativity-de-Notre-Dame at Beauport.  Jeanne died on 11-5 - 1737.

Because of the bad reputation of Ms. Catherine Basset, Jacques Bourgoin's mother, was expelled from Quebec in a trial on 8-29 1675.In the meantime, around 1672, Jean Talon, the Intendant of New France, conceded land to the people for the settlement of New France. According to the history and heritage of the seigneurie of Villieu (St-Antoine de Tilly), Pierre Bourgoin was 1 of 5 early settlers living there in the 1681 census. There is also a commemorative plaque erected to this effect in front of the St. Antoine de Padua Church. Pierre was granted 4 acres of land and 1 cow next to the Petit Saut River on the Marie-Victorin road and over time wanting to expand, he bought another piece of land at Ste Croix across the river; confirmed by Mr. Claude Grégheur, genealogist at Ste. Croix.

In the Census of 1681, Pierre Bourgoin 40; Catherine Basset, his wife, 40 years; children: Marie 7. Claude 5 ; Pierre 2 had 1 cow; 4 acres in value. His sons Jacques Bourgoin and Noël Bourgoin, were omitted.

Marie was baptised March 11, 1674, at Pointe Aux Trembles, Quebec, on the north shore; Claude, five years old, had been baptized, November 5, 1676, and his act of baptism was tabled in Québec; Pierre who was born in 1679, had been baptized on 30 March 1681, in the Pointe-aux-Trembles of Quebec.

As you can see it was already people who through the ice bridge, visited often and even for church services. The missionaries serving the Seigneuries were not always available or even named.

Geographically St-Antoine-de-Tilly is closer to Donnacona and the Petit Saut river is at the end of Tilly.

Regarded as one of the ancient parishes of South Shore, Saint-Antoine-de-Tilly was canonically erected in 1702. The municipality of parish, Saint-Apollinaire will be detached, was created first in 1845, abolished in 1847, and restored in 1855 under the name Saint-Antoine-de-Padua (of Tilly), which is already in the judgment of the State Council in 1722 and the municipal Code of 1871. She sees her status changed to that of municipality on March 4, 1995. His name, like that of the post office of Saint-Antoine (1831), whose famous St. Antoine of Padua, distant author father Honoré Huret, recollect who serves the mission of 1700 to 1705 and giving it this name. August 31, 1700, His son, Claude-Sébastien de Villieu sold to Pierre-Noël Le Gardeur, sieur of Tilly, for three thousand dollars with all its rights, the seigneurie of Villieu, also known under the name of LE GARDEUR, who then took the name of Tilly. The new seigneur settled there the same year, in the company of his second wife, Madeleine Boucher, daughter of Pierre Boucher, Governor of Trois-Rivières.

From 1702, the Seigneur of Tilly had built a wooden Chapel, where the first offices celebrated by the missionary serving the father honored Huret, recollect, which puts the new church known as St. Antoine de Padua. In the absence of the Mgr. de Saint-Vallier, the Bishop of Quebec, this beginning of a civil registry in 1702 marked the beginning of the parish of Saint-Antoine-de-Tilly, whose canonical boundaries would be established on March 3, 1722 by a judgment of the Council of State of the King.

But due to the war of conquest in 1759, Wolfe burned all the houses, fields, cattle on the South shore of the St Lawrence of St Antoine in Kamouraska; narrated by Marcel Lefebvre of St - Antoine de Tilly. The residents had to flee and go into hiding and leave their belongings behind.  Therefore, it is impossible to find the exact location of the land but I am guessing it was on the sidewalk to St-Antoine Street2.

                              : Toponymy : Saint-Antoine de Tilly             2 Lise Bourgoing, Ass. Des Bourgoing

Children of Jeanne Matte & Jacques Bourgoin

Marie Therese Bourgoin was born Aug 28, 1697 in Neuville, Portneuf, Quebec. The father and mother attended. Also in attendance were Pierre Voye, Marguerite Basset & Pierre Bourgoin, grandmother & grandfather. Jacques. J. Basset of Neuville was the priest. She died on Jan. 29, 1703 and was buried on January 29, 1703, in Saint-Antoine-de-Tilly with her mother. She was 7 ½ years of age.

3 / 3

2- Laurent Bourgouin was born Feb. 23, 1701 at St Antoine de Tilly, Lotbiniere, Quebec. He was Baptized March 7, 1701 in Neuville. The father and the mother attended as well as Laurent Matte, Pierre Lambert from the Cote du Sud and his daughter Marie-Françoise Lambert. Laurent married to Madeleine Proulx. He died January 28, 1782.

You have more information and images in PDF format

Capsule 2-4 (3 pages) Format PDF:

- Marie-Jeanne Matte History

The capsules # 00 are information bearing the word Matte, the capsules # 0 are of general information used to complete the capsules identified # -1 (Charles) or # 1 (Nicolas and Madeleine) or # 2 (children) , etc., which correspond to lineages of Matte ancestors.

Marie-Jeanne Matte

Name: Marie-Jeanne Matte (4,2, 1, -1)         · Sex : F

Birth: December 19, 1679 in Domburg, Quebec, Canada

· Baptism: 20 December 1679 in  Domburg, Quebec, Canada,     

  Sponsor : Pierre Gatien      Sponsor : Jeanne Constantineau              

Priest; Germain Morin, a missionary priest

Marriage: Jacques Bourgouin (also spelled as) Bourguignon, 3 Nov. 1695 in Neuville, Quebec, Canada, son of Pierre Bourgoin and Catherine Basset. Born 1670-05-14, named 1670-05-15 at the Notre Dame Church of in Quebec City. Born 1670-05-14, named 1670-05-15 at the Notre Dame Church, in Quebec City. The parents were absent. In attendance were Léonard Matte and Claude Bourgoin brothers of the couple.

. J. Basset, priest from Neuville Quebec officiated.

    (Act of baptism registered in Quebec).

Death: 29 Jan 1703 in St Antoine De Tilly, Quebec, Canada.

Burial: 29 January 1703

Father: Nicolas Matte (2.1, -1) 8 Dec. 1636 b. Ste. Genevieve in Bray, Ar. Dieppe, Archbishop of Rouen, Seine-Maritime, France.  Mary: 12 Oct. 1671, Quebec

Mother: Marie Madeleine Auvray (1, 1, -1) b: 1652 to Saint-Vivien, Rouen, Normandy, France, married: 12 Oct. 1671.

Biography

Marie-Jeanne Matte lived with Nicolas Matte age 45, Madeleine Auvray, age 29 ans, Laurent Matte age 5, Marie Matte, age 8 and Léonard Matte, age 10 in 1681 in the Seigneury of Domburg, Neuville.She began her married life in Neuville.

She married at the age of 16 in 1695 to Jacques Bourgoin who was 25 years older. Around 1700, she moved to Saint-Antoine-de-Tilly. She died in St-Antoine de Tilly and was buried with her daughter Maria Therese.

  Jacques was born on May 14, 1670 and baptized at our Notre Dame of Quebec May 15. In attendance were Pierre, his father, Catherine Basset his mother, Jacques Renault, Jean Defirment and Anne Defirment daughter. Henri Debernières was the priest.  

Jacques Bourgoin married Jeanne Mesny Feb 9, 1706 in Ste. Famille on, the Ile Orléans, Quebec and had 6 other children. The anonymous child mentioned on websites is the son of Jacques and Jeanne Mesny, his 2nd wife.  He was born and baptized at home on 6-12-1706 and buried the same day in the parish of the Nativity-de-Notre-Dame at Beauport.  Jeanne died on 11-5 - 1737.

Because of the bad reputation of Ms. Catherine Basset, Jacques Bourgoin's mother, was expelled from Quebec in a trial on 8-29 1675.In the meantime, around 1672, Jean Talon, the Intendant of New France, conceded land to the people for the settlement of New France. According to the history and heritage of the seigneurie of Villieu (St-Antoine de Tilly), Pierre Bourgoin was 1 of 5 early settlers living there in the 1681 census. There is also a commemorative plaque erected to this effect in front of the St. Antoine de Padua Church. Pierre was granted 4 acres of land and 1 cow next to the Petit Saut River on the Marie-Victorin road and over time wanting to expand, he bought another piece of land at Ste Croix across the river; confirmed by Mr. Claude Grégheur, genealogist at Ste. Croix.

In the Census of 1681, Pierre Bourgoin 40; Catherine Basset, his wife, 40 years; children: Marie 7. Claude 5 ; Pierre 2 had 1 cow; 4 acres in value. His sons Jacques Bourgoin and Noël Bourgoin, were omitted.

Marie was baptised March 11, 1674, at Pointe Aux Trembles, Quebec, on the north shore; Claude, five years old, had been baptized, November 5, 1676, and his act of baptism was tabled in Québec; Pierre who was born in 1679, had been baptized on 30 March 1681, in the Pointe-aux-Trembles of Quebec.

As you can see it was already people who through the ice bridge, visited often and even for church services. The missionaries serving the Seigneuries were not always available or even named.

Geographically St-Antoine-de-Tilly is closer to Donnacona and the Petit Saut river is at the end of Tilly.

Regarded as one of the ancient parishes of South Shore, Saint-Antoine-de-Tilly was canonically erected in 1702. The municipality of parish, Saint-Apollinaire will be detached, was created first in 1845, abolished in 1847, and restored in 1855 under the name Saint-Antoine-de-Padua (of Tilly), which is already in the judgment of the State Council in 1722 and the municipal Code of 1871. She sees her status changed to that of municipality on March 4, 1995. His name, like that of the post office of Saint-Antoine (1831), whose famous St. Antoine of Padua, distant author father Honoré Huret, recollect who serves the mission of 1700 to 1705 and giving it this name. August 31, 1700, His son, Claude-Sébastien de Villieu sold to Pierre-Noël Le Gardeur, sieur of Tilly, for three thousand dollars with all its rights, the seigneurie of Villieu, also known under the name of LE GARDEUR, who then took the name of Tilly. The new seigneur settled there the same year, in the company of his second wife, Madeleine Boucher, daughter of Pierre Boucher, Governor of Trois-Rivières.

From 1702, the Seigneur of Tilly had built a wooden Chapel, where the first offices celebrated by the missionary serving the father honored Huret, recollect, which puts the new church known as St. Antoine de Padua. In the absence of the Mgr. de Saint-Vallier, the Bishop of Quebec, this beginning of a civil registry in 1702 marked the beginning of the parish of Saint-Antoine-de-Tilly, whose canonical boundaries would be established on March 3, 1722 by a judgment of the Council of State of the King.

But due to the war of conquest in 1759, Wolfe burned all the houses, fields, cattle on the South shore of the St Lawrence of St Antoine in Kamouraska; narrated by Marcel Lefebvre of St - Antoine de Tilly. The residents had to flee and go into hiding and leave their belongings behind.  Therefore, it is impossible to find the exact location of the land but I am guessing it was on the sidewalk to St-Antoine Street2.

                              : Toponymy : Saint-Antoine de Tilly             2 Lise Bourgoing, Ass. Des Bourgoing

Children of Jeanne Matte & Jacques Bourgoin

Marie Therese Bourgoin was born Aug 28, 1697 in Neuville, Portneuf, Quebec. The father and mother attended. Also in attendance were Pierre Voye, Marguerite Basset & Pierre Bourgoin, grandmother & grandfather. Jacques. J. Basset of Neuville was the priest. She died on Jan. 29, 1703 and was buried on January 29, 1703, in Saint-Antoine-de-Tilly with her mother. She was 7 ½ years of age.

3 / 3

2- Laurent Bourgouin was born Feb. 23, 1701 at St Antoine de Tilly, Lotbiniere, Quebec. He was Baptized March 7, 1701 in Neuville. The father and the mother attended as well as Laurent Matte, Pierre Lambert from the Cote du Sud and his daughter Marie-Françoise Lambert. Laurent married to Madeleine Proulx. He died January 28, 1782.

You have more information and images in PDF format

Capsule 2-4 (3 pages) Format PDF:

- Marie-Jeanne Matte History

The capsules # 00 are information bearing the word Matte, the capsules # 0 are of general information used to complete the capsules identified # -1 (Charles) or # 1 (Nicolas and Madeleine) or # 2 (children) , etc., which correspond to lineages of Matte ancestors.

Close Close

Published on 2018/01/01 02:40   | All the posts | Preview   Print...   | Top
Categories

Unfold Close Contents

Unfold Close A.Our First Ancestors

Unfold Close B.Places of Memory

Unfold Close C.The Local Branches of the Family

Unfold Close D.Illustrious Persons

Unfold Close E.Memorabilia and Curiosities

Last posts
Blog calendar
09-2018 October 2018
S M T W T F S
  01 02 03 04 05 06
07 08 09 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31