Historical Research - B.Places of Memory

B.Places of Memory

Capsule #00 -The Matte Places  -  by claudematte|ALL

Matte places (whom do we honor?)

  • In Neuville, Québec, there is a river called River Matte. This River was named after Nicolas as he crossed his land as he headed toward the St. Lawrence.  West longitude 71 ° 38' 07¨ and the latitude 46 ° 41' 28¨ since December 5, 1968
  • There is a creek Matt in Montana – named after Alexander Matt / Mat. Near Ronan or Miles City, latitude 45.6536°, longitude. -105.2436°. Picture taken in 1890
  • In Minnesota, the Matte Road between Lawson Road and Sunset Trail, to the right of the Mississippi River and left route 371. In the area of Fort Ripley.
  •  Matte creek, city of La Tuque, out of MRC, Mauricie administrative region. Since November 16, 1989, connects Lake Matte and Lake George in the Mauritius River at West Longitude 72 ° 52' 33 "and Northern Latitude 47 ° 44' 42".  
  • In Lowell, Massachusetts there is a plaque Mat Frères dedicated to the 5 Matte brothers who served in the U.S. Army.
  • Creek Matte, municipality of the Township of Landrienne, RCMS Abitibi, Abitibi-Témiscamingue region. Since November 5, 1981, going on in the 6th and 7th rank at 77 ° 54' 43 "West Longitude and Latitude 48 ° 30' 59".
  • Creek Matte, municipality of Colline du Basque, La-Côte-de-Gaspé RCMS, administrative region Gaspésie-Iles de la Madeleine. Since October 10, 1972, goes into the Madeleine River West longitude 65 ° 16' 03 "and the Latitude 49 ° 04' 54 ''.
  • Public Park Anne-Marie Matte Desrosiers, Town of St-Hyacinthe, since November 16, 1989.

  •  There is a Matte Street in Montreal, in the borough of Montréal-Nord, since August 16, 1996. This name evokes the memory of Francis Matte (late 19 th century). He was a traditional painter.
  • There is another in old Longueuil (City), since March 31, 1994.  This name recalls Ulric Matte, Municipal counsillor in Longueuil in 1917.
  • In Mont-Tremblant since May 31, 1983.
  • There is a Matte Street next to Sainte-Colette, Québec, Canada.

It has a length of 0.76 milesRue Matte in the city of Ste.Therese, MRC Therese-de Blainville since August 16, 1996.

  • In Quebec, in the Borough of Beauport, date of designation: April 3, 1956. This street is named for a Beauport family. On 23 October 1866, Edouard Matte, son of Firmin Matte and Eulalie Doré, married Alphonsine Langevin.
  • Matte Avenue in the municipality of Girardville since September 5, 1985. Connects the Bergeron Street to Main street.
  • Matte Street, in St-Constant, Edmond-Arthur Matte was the Mayor of St-Constant, La Prairie, Quebec and "County prefect". RCM of Roussillon, since April 1, 1982.
  • In Saint-Nazaire, France, there is a street named Rue de la Matte. Connects Blvd.  Renaissance and Ave du Commandant L'Herminier.
  • Bridge of the Matte: St-Nazaire, France Latitude : 47° 16.364'N          Longitude :    2° 12.107'O

http://www.saintnazaire-infos.fr/pont-de-la-matte-en-double-sens-vendredi-apres-midi-23-43-2949.html

  • There is a Matte street in St-Marc des Carrières, County of Portneuf, Québec, Canada.
  • Matte Boulevard in Brossard starts at highway 30 in the industrial park. It continues on in a northerly direction toward Taschereau Boulevard. It crosses sector "J", the Canadian National railways tracks and sector "I". The section between the railway and highway 30 was opened in 1993 due to the extension 3 years later of highway 30 between Brossard and Candiac. North of Taschereau, Matte Boulevard becomes residential and crosses sector "R" up to Marie-Victorin Boulevard and at highway 15/ road 132. The name of the boulevard comes from a family who owned land in the sector.
  • Street Matte, St-Jerome, MRC de River-of-North since June 7, 1991. The name honors the memory of Abbey Joseph Matte, born in 1897, priest of the parish of Sainte Marcelle, from 1953 to 1966. He left the memory of a man loving beautiful ceremonies and well-executed singing.
  • Road and the Bay Matte, Gracefield since December 5, 1968 at the 75 ° 51' 26 "West longitude and 46 ° 08' 35" northern latitude.
  • Matte in Roberval Avenue since January 29, 1996.

 Place Antonio Matte in Mont-Laurier, since 13 June 1997. Joseph-Antonio Matte, Mayor of the municipality of Mont-Laurier in 1921. He will be Mayor until 1927 and will chair the Mont-Laurier School Board between 1923 and 1930.

  • Matte Street in Buckingham, Québec. Street pole has a length of 0.24 km.  
  • Matte street, in Dolbeau-Mistassini, MRC Maria-Chapdelaine since May 19, 1993      
  •                                                                           Another one in St-Alban, County of Portneuf, Québec, October 10, 1996.
  • Armand Matte Street in Lévis, Quebec, Canada. Since June 8, 2011, Armand Matte (1912-1997) was the owner of the land where the track is located. He had operated a golf course (Golf de l’Étang) which closed its doors in 2010, after almost 40 years of existence.
  • Stream Val-Saint-Gilles Matte since June 26, 1985, 79 ° 08' 57 "West Longitude and the latitude 49 ° 00' 09
  • Matte Street in the city of Gatineau, from March 25, 1997.
  • Matte Street at Pont-Rouge since September 11, 1987.
  • Matte Street in Aspères, France.
  • Matte Street in Sainte-Tite in the RCM of MÉKINAC since April 7, 1998.
  • Camp Joseph Matte, municipality of Notre-Dame-des-Neiges, since June 3, 1994. The camp was named in honor of Joseph Matte (1892-1975), soldier and Assistant Deputy Minister, Department of Highways for 27 years. He was one of the co-founders of the Society Provancher, of which he was the first Secretary before presiding over its destinies in 1928. It is Joseph Matte, who negotiated the purchase of île aux Basques; he was a cosignatory of the Act of acquisition on June 24, 1929 as representative of Society Provancher. This camp was built in 1965 and known first as a student’s camp. This camp is located on Ile-aux-Basques, accross Trois Pistoles.
  • A Dam Matte on the Matte Lake in the municipality of La Tuque 72 ° 50' 35 "West longitude and 47 ° 45' 10" North latitude.
  • Street Matte at Donnacona, Portneuf, Quebec, Canada since March 29, 1989.
  • Park Jean-Baptiste Matte in Donnacona, RCM of Portneuf. Since March 7, 2006, at West Longitude 71 ° 43' 39 "North Latitude 71 ° 43' 39" n 46 ° 40' 13 ". The name of this park, located at the intersection of avenue Sainte-Anne and Pagé Street, recalls the memory of Jean-Baptiste Matte, merchant of Donnacona who gave for free to the city, in 1957, the land where the Park is located.
  • Rue Matte, Lake Charles, LA, U.S.A.

 Monseigneur Matte street in Bonaventure. RCM Bonaventure since March 25, 1997.  Connects Louisbourg Street Thomas Gravel Avenue. The village St. Elzéar, 20 km from Bonaventure was founded in 1924 in honor of Monsignor Elzéar Matte, the first to encourage settlers to settle in this place. Born in 1872, this vicar general will be successively curate of St-Laurent-de-Matapédia (1902-1905), L'Anse - au - Griffon (1905-1906), les Méchins (1908-1911) and Bonaventure (1912-1923), mother parish of Saint-Elzéar. 

  • Street Matte, town of Mont-Laurier, RCM of Antoine - Labelle, 13 December 1996

    Join the Matte of American Association for a membership fee of 21$/person

              
  • Street the Matte, Carcassonne, France.
  • Chemin  de  La  Matte en  France                  Latitude : 44° 48.224'N                  Longitude :      0° 30.435'O

http://www.histoires-de-bouliac.net/chemin-matte.htm

  • Misael Matte Street in the town of St-Basile, MRC de Portneuf from April 5, 1984. Connects country roads St. Anne and St. Joseph.
  • Matte Street in the town of Gaspé since 21 October 1981.
  • Woodbury-Matte House in l'ancienne-Lorette, Québec. Canada. This House is located at 1528,

Saint-Paul street, in l'ancienne-Lorette; It was classified as a historic monument, may 25, 1988. The House was built in 1835 for Elisha Woodbury, a tinsmith. Subsequently, it was the property of the family Matte from 1867 until the end of the 1990’s. Another more modest house was built at the back of Woodbury-Matte House.

  • A Matte waterfall in Cap-Santé since March 9, 1988 in West longitude 71 ° 44' 52 "and latitude 46 ° 41' 38
  • Pierre Matte Street, Shawinigan-South sector. Since 15 February 2012, this name evokes the memory of Pierre Matte (1918-2007). He was Director of the library of Shawinigan as of 1959. It is under his administration that the Congress of the Canadian Association of French librarians was organized; He was the president of this organization. He left the library in 1960, after being named assistant director of the Public Libraries Services in the province of Quebec, under the Ministry of cultural affairs. In 1975, he was promoted to Director of this government service.
  • Old Creek forest Matte in the hills of the Basque municipality, MRC the Gaspé coast. Since June 19, 2008, covering 51 acres, this exceptional forest ecosystem of an 'old forest' type is located some 23 km northeast of Murdochville. It consists, in its scientific description of cedar fir. Its name comes from Matte Creek that passes through, a tributary of the Madeleine River. The origin of the name "Brook Matte" remains unknown. North 65 ° 13' 25 "West Longitude and North Latitude 65 ° 13' 25" 
  • Street Aurélie Matte, city of St-Félicien, since November 13, 2006. This name evokes the memory of Aurélie Matte who was a pioneer of Saint-Félicien. It has a length of 0.62 km
  • The Mattaponi River is 103 miles long (166 km). It is a tributary of the York River, an estuary in Eastern Virginia in the United States.
  • It comprises four streams in Spotsylvania County, of which each is given a piece of the Mattaponi name:  The Mat River and the Ta River join in Spotsylvania County to form the Matta River

The Po and the Ni rivers join to form the Poni River. The Matta River and the Poni River join to form the Mattaponi River.   

  • Lake Matte in Mulgrave and Derry, on July 10, 1969, the 75 ° 26' 56 "longitude and latitude 45 ° 48 ' 39 in Reserve Faunique of Papineau-Labelle
  • Lake Matte at Riviere-à-Pierre (Portneuf), on July 7, 1981, 72 ° 19' 26 "West longitude and 47 ° 00' 34" North latitude.
  • Matte Lake in the municipality of the Lac Bazinet in the Laurentians to 74 ° 47' 01 "West longitude and latitude 47 ° 38' 08 since August 17, 1978.
  • Matte Lake in the municipality of Lac Masketsi in the Mauricie 72 ° 28' 04 "West longitude and latitude 47 ° 02' 23 since the 5th of december 1968.
  • Another Lac-à-Matte lake in the town of La Tuque in the Mauricie 72 ° 49' 53 "West longitude and latitude 47 ° 44' 56¨ from November 16, 1989.

  • Another Lac-à-Matte lake in the municipality of Notre-Dame-de-Montauban in the RCM of Mékinac West longitude 72 ° 16' 24¨ and the latitude 46 ° 52' 58¨ since May 7, 1981 
  • Cottage area of the Matte: France   Latitude : 43° 17.501'N                   Longitude :    2° 25.126’E

http://www.agoda.com/fr-fr/gites-domaine-de-la-matte-hotel/hotel/conques-sur-orbiel-fr.html

  • Forest of the Matte: France             Latitude : 42° 35.154'N               Longitude : 2° 5.972'E

http://www.toponymie.gouv.qc.ca/ct/ToposWeb/recherche.aspx?s=Matte&x=0&y=0

  • Pond and meadows of the Matte: France     Latitude : 43° 16.197'N       Longitude : 3° 9.291'E

http://inpn.mnhn.fr/zone/znieff/910010713/tab/commentaires

http://www.pole-lagunes.org/ftp/Cartes/BPA.pdf

http://smbva.fr/_medias/pdf/fiche_gestion_matte.pdf

  • The Matte Creek: France

http://www.annuaire-mairie.fr/ruisseau-de-la-matte-30.html

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruisseau_des_Mattes

http://www.toponymie.gouv.qc.ca/ct/ToposWeb/recherche.aspx?s=Matte&x=0&y=0

  • His old-time red farmhouse is located in a dominating hill-top position in the Municipality of Cison di Valmarino (Treviso). It represents the heart of the Vigne Matte company, amidst hills within the Conegliano-Valdobbiadene district, traditional Prosecco territory. The company is certified according to the UNI EN ISO 900:2000 quality system and it successfully implements the most modern techniques available while caring for its vineyards and producing its wines. Owner Giovanni Rui purchased the nineteenth-century farmhouse years ago, along with a total of nearly 30 hectares of land. By the time a few years had passed, he had created a model wine-producing company, founded according to careful plans and research. Next to the unique bright-red house, Giovanni Rui created a modern, functional cellar, which, in part, is terraced into the hillside. Equipped with up-to-date techniques, it is often visited by students from the Ecological Institute and university students from Conegliano who are earning a degree Enology. Sommelier delegations and amateur wine-tasters also visit to learn more about the company's wines and study its modern, efficient management.

Owner Giovanni Rui purchased the nineteenth-century farmhouse years ago, along with a total of nearly 30 hectares of land. By the time a few years had passed, he had created a model wine-producing company, founded according to careful plans and research. Next to the unique bright-red house, Giovanni Rui created a modern, functional cellar, which, in part, is terraced into the hillside. Equipped with up-to-date techniques, it is often visited by students from the Ecological Institute and university students from Conegliano who are earning a degree Enology. Sommelier delegations and amateur wine-tasters also visit to learn more about the company's wines and study its modern, efficient management. Giovanni Rui has high hopes of carrying out an ambitious project: to make his hillside and the entire Rolle area a widely-acknowledged district within Prosecco territory. In this way, he strives to recapture the fame Rolle once had for producing high quality wines with precise, unmistakable characteristics in terms of scent, aroma and structure.

Thanks to the commitment of the company's excellent technicians, consultants and operators, Giovanni Rui's dream is quickly becoming a reality. The company is successfully carving its place in the world of Italian wine, due to the terrain's wine-producing vocation and the knowledgeable use of modern technologies. Another driving factor is the love that inspires the company's owner and its workers who have made sure the vineyards that gradually descend along the meridian side of the hills are considered part of an authentic enological garden. In addition, the cellar is not just a high-level architectural structure; it's also a super modern facility capable of hosting and suitably conserving the great wines that boast the Vine Matte label

Monument

At its meeting of 10 March 1984, the Corporation of the tercentenary of Neuville (1684-1984) Inc. accepted a recommendation to erect a monument to commemorate the 300th anniversary of the canonical recognition of the Saint-François-de-Sales de Neuville parish. This monument was also dedicated to the original families whose family names had survived up to the present day. The photo below gives a fairly accurate view of the monument.

It measures 3 meters (just over 9 feet) high. At the bottom, the monument is more than 40 centimeters wide (40.75 inches) and tapers to 32 cm (1 foot) at the top. The thickness is 46 centimeters (18 inches). It is a monument that all Neuvillois are proud of. It is a legacy of this generation to the heritage of Neuville and a tangible legacy of the 300th to future generations.

                                                       

  Plate fixed on the Obelisk

1684 Neuville 1984

 The community of municipalities of Neuville and Pointe-aux-Trembles is pleased to celebrate the three hundredth anniversary of the canonical recognition of the parish of Saint-François-de-Sales de Neuville, on 5 November 1684. From the curate Jean Pinguet in 1684 to the current curate Philippe Méthot in 1994, it is 300 years of religious life which we are commemorating.

On this occasion, we want to pay particular tribute to the following families whose names, after 300 years, are still present in the year 1994: 

    Angers, Auger, Béland, Bertrand, Boisjoli, Delisle, Dubuc, Faucher, Grenier, Hardy, Langlois, Larue,

 Léveillée, Matte, Papillon 

  The Woodbury-Matte Park

 At 500 Saint-Paul street, in L’Ancienne-Lorette, Québec. This is neighbourhood park which has been recently opened to provide the families of this area with a place conducive to outdoor activities. Safe and original play modules are the joy of youth.

Named in memory of the Woodbury family that built the House next door (1801-1846) and the Matte family that worked to classify this house as an historic monument in 1988.

The name Woodbury recalls the master tinsmither Elisha or Elijah Woodbury (1801-1846) from Québec who bought the field on August 18, 1834, being lot 154 of the seigneury of Saint-Gabriel, and built a house on September 5 of the same year. He did not live in the house. A farmer lived there and Woodbury used it as a holiday home. In 1847, his widow, Ann Brown, sold the property to Quebec lawyer Daniel McCallum, one of the owners of the McCallum brewery (1840-1874) located in the lower town of Quebec. On February 25, 1864, Joseph Jobin (1801-1873), farmer and militia captain, became the new owner of the Woodbury house and of the nearby field. He gave it to his son-in-law, Siméon Matte (1837-1913), blacksmith, husband of his daughter Marie-Emilie (1835-1922), in March 1867. Siméon’s son, Joseph Edouard (1878-1954), a farmer, received the field and his father's house on April 3, 1910. The chain of succession continued to the son of Joseph-Édouard, Pierre Matte (1907-1981), a farmer like his father, on May 20, 1953. Pierre sold the property to his daughter Yolande, a real estate broker, on May 7, 1970, which in turn, she sold to her brother Normand, a teacher on June 20, 1985. Finally, Normand sold it to Hugo Bonin (1936) and his wife, Ginette Légaré, in September 1994. Hugo Bonin suggested to the authorities of the city, who had intended to name the space, Saint-Paul Park as a reminder of the road that runs next to it ─ to give it the name of Woodbury-Matte to pay tribute in particular to the Matte family of L’Ancienne-Lorette who took care and protected the house during not less than 127 years and who fought to classify the property as an historic monument, the only one that exists in the municipality

Capsule # 00  (8pages) Format PDF: - Matte places

The capsules # 00 are information bearing the word Matte, the capsules # 0 are of general information used to complete the capsules identified # 0 (Charles) or # 1 (Nicolas and Madeleine) or # .2 (children) , etc., which correspond to lineages of Matte ancestors.

Matte places (whom do we honor?)

  • In Neuville, Québec, there is a river called River Matte. This River was named after Nicolas as he crossed his land as he headed toward the St. Lawrence.  West longitude 71 ° 38' 07¨ and the latitude 46 ° 41' 28¨ since December 5, 1968
  • There is a creek Matt in Montana – named after Alexander Matt / Mat. Near Ronan or Miles City, latitude 45.6536°, longitude. -105.2436°. Picture taken in 1890
  • In Minnesota, the Matte Road between Lawson Road and Sunset Trail, to the right of the Mississippi River and left route 371. In the area of Fort Ripley.
  •  Matte creek, city of La Tuque, out of MRC, Mauricie administrative region. Since November 16, 1989, connects Lake Matte and Lake George in the Mauritius River at West Longitude 72 ° 52' 33 "and Northern Latitude 47 ° 44' 42".  
  • In Lowell, Massachusetts there is a plaque Mat Frères dedicated to the 5 Matte brothers who served in the U.S. Army.
  • Creek Matte, municipality of the Township of Landrienne, RCMS Abitibi, Abitibi-Témiscamingue region. Since November 5, 1981, going on in the 6th and 7th rank at 77 ° 54' 43 "West Longitude and Latitude 48 ° 30' 59".
  • Creek Matte, municipality of Colline du Basque, La-Côte-de-Gaspé RCMS, administrative region Gaspésie-Iles de la Madeleine. Since October 10, 1972, goes into the Madeleine River West longitude 65 ° 16' 03 "and the Latitude 49 ° 04' 54 ''.
  • Public Park Anne-Marie Matte Desrosiers, Town of St-Hyacinthe, since November 16, 1989.

  •  There is a Matte Street in Montreal, in the borough of Montréal-Nord, since August 16, 1996. This name evokes the memory of Francis Matte (late 19 th century). He was a traditional painter.
  • There is another in old Longueuil (City), since March 31, 1994.  This name recalls Ulric Matte, Municipal counsillor in Longueuil in 1917.
  • In Mont-Tremblant since May 31, 1983.
  • There is a Matte Street next to Sainte-Colette, Québec, Canada.

It has a length of 0.76 milesRue Matte in the city of Ste.Therese, MRC Therese-de Blainville since August 16, 1996.

  • In Quebec, in the Borough of Beauport, date of designation: April 3, 1956. This street is named for a Beauport family. On 23 October 1866, Edouard Matte, son of Firmin Matte and Eulalie Doré, married Alphonsine Langevin.
  • Matte Avenue in the municipality of Girardville since September 5, 1985. Connects the Bergeron Street to Main street.
  • Matte Street, in St-Constant, Edmond-Arthur Matte was the Mayor of St-Constant, La Prairie, Quebec and "County prefect". RCM of Roussillon, since April 1, 1982.
  • In Saint-Nazaire, France, there is a street named Rue de la Matte. Connects Blvd.  Renaissance and Ave du Commandant L'Herminier.
  • Bridge of the Matte: St-Nazaire, France Latitude : 47° 16.364'N          Longitude :    2° 12.107'O

http://www.saintnazaire-infos.fr/pont-de-la-matte-en-double-sens-vendredi-apres-midi-23-43-2949.html

  • There is a Matte street in St-Marc des Carrières, County of Portneuf, Québec, Canada.
  • Matte Boulevard in Brossard starts at highway 30 in the industrial park. It continues on in a northerly direction toward Taschereau Boulevard. It crosses sector "J", the Canadian National railways tracks and sector "I". The section between the railway and highway 30 was opened in 1993 due to the extension 3 years later of highway 30 between Brossard and Candiac. North of Taschereau, Matte Boulevard becomes residential and crosses sector "R" up to Marie-Victorin Boulevard and at highway 15/ road 132. The name of the boulevard comes from a family who owned land in the sector.
  • Street Matte, St-Jerome, MRC de River-of-North since June 7, 1991. The name honors the memory of Abbey Joseph Matte, born in 1897, priest of the parish of Sainte Marcelle, from 1953 to 1966. He left the memory of a man loving beautiful ceremonies and well-executed singing.
  • Road and the Bay Matte, Gracefield since December 5, 1968 at the 75 ° 51' 26 "West longitude and 46 ° 08' 35" northern latitude.
  • Matte in Roberval Avenue since January 29, 1996.

 Place Antonio Matte in Mont-Laurier, since 13 June 1997. Joseph-Antonio Matte, Mayor of the municipality of Mont-Laurier in 1921. He will be Mayor until 1927 and will chair the Mont-Laurier School Board between 1923 and 1930.

  • Matte Street in Buckingham, Québec. Street pole has a length of 0.24 km.  
  • Matte street, in Dolbeau-Mistassini, MRC Maria-Chapdelaine since May 19, 1993      
  •                                                                           Another one in St-Alban, County of Portneuf, Québec, October 10, 1996.
  • Armand Matte Street in Lévis, Quebec, Canada. Since June 8, 2011, Armand Matte (1912-1997) was the owner of the land where the track is located. He had operated a golf course (Golf de l’Étang) which closed its doors in 2010, after almost 40 years of existence.
  • Stream Val-Saint-Gilles Matte since June 26, 1985, 79 ° 08' 57 "West Longitude and the latitude 49 ° 00' 09
  • Matte Street in the city of Gatineau, from March 25, 1997.
  • Matte Street at Pont-Rouge since September 11, 1987.
  • Matte Street in Aspères, France.
  • Matte Street in Sainte-Tite in the RCM of MÉKINAC since April 7, 1998.
  • Camp Joseph Matte, municipality of Notre-Dame-des-Neiges, since June 3, 1994. The camp was named in honor of Joseph Matte (1892-1975), soldier and Assistant Deputy Minister, Department of Highways for 27 years. He was one of the co-founders of the Society Provancher, of which he was the first Secretary before presiding over its destinies in 1928. It is Joseph Matte, who negotiated the purchase of île aux Basques; he was a cosignatory of the Act of acquisition on June 24, 1929 as representative of Society Provancher. This camp was built in 1965 and known first as a student’s camp. This camp is located on Ile-aux-Basques, accross Trois Pistoles.
  • A Dam Matte on the Matte Lake in the municipality of La Tuque 72 ° 50' 35 "West longitude and 47 ° 45' 10" North latitude.
  • Street Matte at Donnacona, Portneuf, Quebec, Canada since March 29, 1989.
  • Park Jean-Baptiste Matte in Donnacona, RCM of Portneuf. Since March 7, 2006, at West Longitude 71 ° 43' 39 "North Latitude 71 ° 43' 39" n 46 ° 40' 13 ". The name of this park, located at the intersection of avenue Sainte-Anne and Pagé Street, recalls the memory of Jean-Baptiste Matte, merchant of Donnacona who gave for free to the city, in 1957, the land where the Park is located.
  • Rue Matte, Lake Charles, LA, U.S.A.

 Monseigneur Matte street in Bonaventure. RCM Bonaventure since March 25, 1997.  Connects Louisbourg Street Thomas Gravel Avenue. The village St. Elzéar, 20 km from Bonaventure was founded in 1924 in honor of Monsignor Elzéar Matte, the first to encourage settlers to settle in this place. Born in 1872, this vicar general will be successively curate of St-Laurent-de-Matapédia (1902-1905), L'Anse - au - Griffon (1905-1906), les Méchins (1908-1911) and Bonaventure (1912-1923), mother parish of Saint-Elzéar. 

  • Street Matte, town of Mont-Laurier, RCM of Antoine - Labelle, 13 December 1996

    Join the Matte of American Association for a membership fee of 21$/person

              
  • Street the Matte, Carcassonne, France.
  • Chemin  de  La  Matte en  France                  Latitude : 44° 48.224'N                  Longitude :      0° 30.435'O

http://www.histoires-de-bouliac.net/chemin-matte.htm

  • Misael Matte Street in the town of St-Basile, MRC de Portneuf from April 5, 1984. Connects country roads St. Anne and St. Joseph.
  • Matte Street in the town of Gaspé since 21 October 1981.
  • Woodbury-Matte House in l'ancienne-Lorette, Québec. Canada. This House is located at 1528,

Saint-Paul street, in l'ancienne-Lorette; It was classified as a historic monument, may 25, 1988. The House was built in 1835 for Elisha Woodbury, a tinsmith. Subsequently, it was the property of the family Matte from 1867 until the end of the 1990’s. Another more modest house was built at the back of Woodbury-Matte House.

  • A Matte waterfall in Cap-Santé since March 9, 1988 in West longitude 71 ° 44' 52 "and latitude 46 ° 41' 38
  • Pierre Matte Street, Shawinigan-South sector. Since 15 February 2012, this name evokes the memory of Pierre Matte (1918-2007). He was Director of the library of Shawinigan as of 1959. It is under his administration that the Congress of the Canadian Association of French librarians was organized; He was the president of this organization. He left the library in 1960, after being named assistant director of the Public Libraries Services in the province of Quebec, under the Ministry of cultural affairs. In 1975, he was promoted to Director of this government service.
  • Old Creek forest Matte in the hills of the Basque municipality, MRC the Gaspé coast. Since June 19, 2008, covering 51 acres, this exceptional forest ecosystem of an 'old forest' type is located some 23 km northeast of Murdochville. It consists, in its scientific description of cedar fir. Its name comes from Matte Creek that passes through, a tributary of the Madeleine River. The origin of the name "Brook Matte" remains unknown. North 65 ° 13' 25 "West Longitude and North Latitude 65 ° 13' 25" 
  • Street Aurélie Matte, city of St-Félicien, since November 13, 2006. This name evokes the memory of Aurélie Matte who was a pioneer of Saint-Félicien. It has a length of 0.62 km
  • The Mattaponi River is 103 miles long (166 km). It is a tributary of the York River, an estuary in Eastern Virginia in the United States.
  • It comprises four streams in Spotsylvania County, of which each is given a piece of the Mattaponi name:  The Mat River and the Ta River join in Spotsylvania County to form the Matta River

The Po and the Ni rivers join to form the Poni River. The Matta River and the Poni River join to form the Mattaponi River.   

  • Lake Matte in Mulgrave and Derry, on July 10, 1969, the 75 ° 26' 56 "longitude and latitude 45 ° 48 ' 39 in Reserve Faunique of Papineau-Labelle
  • Lake Matte at Riviere-à-Pierre (Portneuf), on July 7, 1981, 72 ° 19' 26 "West longitude and 47 ° 00' 34" North latitude.
  • Matte Lake in the municipality of the Lac Bazinet in the Laurentians to 74 ° 47' 01 "West longitude and latitude 47 ° 38' 08 since August 17, 1978.
  • Matte Lake in the municipality of Lac Masketsi in the Mauricie 72 ° 28' 04 "West longitude and latitude 47 ° 02' 23 since the 5th of december 1968.
  • Another Lac-à-Matte lake in the town of La Tuque in the Mauricie 72 ° 49' 53 "West longitude and latitude 47 ° 44' 56¨ from November 16, 1989.

  • Another Lac-à-Matte lake in the municipality of Notre-Dame-de-Montauban in the RCM of Mékinac West longitude 72 ° 16' 24¨ and the latitude 46 ° 52' 58¨ since May 7, 1981 
  • Cottage area of the Matte: France   Latitude : 43° 17.501'N                   Longitude :    2° 25.126’E

http://www.agoda.com/fr-fr/gites-domaine-de-la-matte-hotel/hotel/conques-sur-orbiel-fr.html

  • Forest of the Matte: France             Latitude : 42° 35.154'N               Longitude : 2° 5.972'E

http://www.toponymie.gouv.qc.ca/ct/ToposWeb/recherche.aspx?s=Matte&x=0&y=0

  • Pond and meadows of the Matte: France     Latitude : 43° 16.197'N       Longitude : 3° 9.291'E

http://inpn.mnhn.fr/zone/znieff/910010713/tab/commentaires

http://www.pole-lagunes.org/ftp/Cartes/BPA.pdf

http://smbva.fr/_medias/pdf/fiche_gestion_matte.pdf

  • The Matte Creek: France

http://www.annuaire-mairie.fr/ruisseau-de-la-matte-30.html

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruisseau_des_Mattes

http://www.toponymie.gouv.qc.ca/ct/ToposWeb/recherche.aspx?s=Matte&x=0&y=0

  • His old-time red farmhouse is located in a dominating hill-top position in the Municipality of Cison di Valmarino (Treviso). It represents the heart of the Vigne Matte company, amidst hills within the Conegliano-Valdobbiadene district, traditional Prosecco territory. The company is certified according to the UNI EN ISO 900:2000 quality system and it successfully implements the most modern techniques available while caring for its vineyards and producing its wines. Owner Giovanni Rui purchased the nineteenth-century farmhouse years ago, along with a total of nearly 30 hectares of land. By the time a few years had passed, he had created a model wine-producing company, founded according to careful plans and research. Next to the unique bright-red house, Giovanni Rui created a modern, functional cellar, which, in part, is terraced into the hillside. Equipped with up-to-date techniques, it is often visited by students from the Ecological Institute and university students from Conegliano who are earning a degree Enology. Sommelier delegations and amateur wine-tasters also visit to learn more about the company's wines and study its modern, efficient management.

Owner Giovanni Rui purchased the nineteenth-century farmhouse years ago, along with a total of nearly 30 hectares of land. By the time a few years had passed, he had created a model wine-producing company, founded according to careful plans and research. Next to the unique bright-red house, Giovanni Rui created a modern, functional cellar, which, in part, is terraced into the hillside. Equipped with up-to-date techniques, it is often visited by students from the Ecological Institute and university students from Conegliano who are earning a degree Enology. Sommelier delegations and amateur wine-tasters also visit to learn more about the company's wines and study its modern, efficient management. Giovanni Rui has high hopes of carrying out an ambitious project: to make his hillside and the entire Rolle area a widely-acknowledged district within Prosecco territory. In this way, he strives to recapture the fame Rolle once had for producing high quality wines with precise, unmistakable characteristics in terms of scent, aroma and structure.

Thanks to the commitment of the company's excellent technicians, consultants and operators, Giovanni Rui's dream is quickly becoming a reality. The company is successfully carving its place in the world of Italian wine, due to the terrain's wine-producing vocation and the knowledgeable use of modern technologies. Another driving factor is the love that inspires the company's owner and its workers who have made sure the vineyards that gradually descend along the meridian side of the hills are considered part of an authentic enological garden. In addition, the cellar is not just a high-level architectural structure; it's also a super modern facility capable of hosting and suitably conserving the great wines that boast the Vine Matte label

Monument

At its meeting of 10 March 1984, the Corporation of the tercentenary of Neuville (1684-1984) Inc. accepted a recommendation to erect a monument to commemorate the 300th anniversary of the canonical recognition of the Saint-François-de-Sales de Neuville parish. This monument was also dedicated to the original families whose family names had survived up to the present day. The photo below gives a fairly accurate view of the monument.

It measures 3 meters (just over 9 feet) high. At the bottom, the monument is more than 40 centimeters wide (40.75 inches) and tapers to 32 cm (1 foot) at the top. The thickness is 46 centimeters (18 inches). It is a monument that all Neuvillois are proud of. It is a legacy of this generation to the heritage of Neuville and a tangible legacy of the 300th to future generations.

                                                       

  Plate fixed on the Obelisk

1684 Neuville 1984

 The community of municipalities of Neuville and Pointe-aux-Trembles is pleased to celebrate the three hundredth anniversary of the canonical recognition of the parish of Saint-François-de-Sales de Neuville, on 5 November 1684. From the curate Jean Pinguet in 1684 to the current curate Philippe Méthot in 1994, it is 300 years of religious life which we are commemorating.

On this occasion, we want to pay particular tribute to the following families whose names, after 300 years, are still present in the year 1994: 

    Angers, Auger, Béland, Bertrand, Boisjoli, Delisle, Dubuc, Faucher, Grenier, Hardy, Langlois, Larue,

 Léveillée, Matte, Papillon 

  The Woodbury-Matte Park

 At 500 Saint-Paul street, in L’Ancienne-Lorette, Québec. This is neighbourhood park which has been recently opened to provide the families of this area with a place conducive to outdoor activities. Safe and original play modules are the joy of youth.

Named in memory of the Woodbury family that built the House next door (1801-1846) and the Matte family that worked to classify this house as an historic monument in 1988.

The name Woodbury recalls the master tinsmither Elisha or Elijah Woodbury (1801-1846) from Québec who bought the field on August 18, 1834, being lot 154 of the seigneury of Saint-Gabriel, and built a house on September 5 of the same year. He did not live in the house. A farmer lived there and Woodbury used it as a holiday home. In 1847, his widow, Ann Brown, sold the property to Quebec lawyer Daniel McCallum, one of the owners of the McCallum brewery (1840-1874) located in the lower town of Quebec. On February 25, 1864, Joseph Jobin (1801-1873), farmer and militia captain, became the new owner of the Woodbury house and of the nearby field. He gave it to his son-in-law, Siméon Matte (1837-1913), blacksmith, husband of his daughter Marie-Emilie (1835-1922), in March 1867. Siméon’s son, Joseph Edouard (1878-1954), a farmer, received the field and his father's house on April 3, 1910. The chain of succession continued to the son of Joseph-Édouard, Pierre Matte (1907-1981), a farmer like his father, on May 20, 1953. Pierre sold the property to his daughter Yolande, a real estate broker, on May 7, 1970, which in turn, she sold to her brother Normand, a teacher on June 20, 1985. Finally, Normand sold it to Hugo Bonin (1936) and his wife, Ginette Légaré, in September 1994. Hugo Bonin suggested to the authorities of the city, who had intended to name the space, Saint-Paul Park as a reminder of the road that runs next to it ─ to give it the name of Woodbury-Matte to pay tribute in particular to the Matte family of L’Ancienne-Lorette who took care and protected the house during not less than 127 years and who fought to classify the property as an historic monument, the only one that exists in the municipality

Capsule # 00  (8pages) Format PDF: - Matte places

The capsules # 00 are information bearing the word Matte, the capsules # 0 are of general information used to complete the capsules identified # 0 (Charles) or # 1 (Nicolas and Madeleine) or # .2 (children) , etc., which correspond to lineages of Matte ancestors.

Close Close

Published on 2018/01/02 00:10   | All the posts | Preview   Print...   | Top
Categories

Unfold Close Contents

Unfold Close A.Our First Ancestors

Unfold Close B.Places of Memory

Unfold Close C.The Local Branches of the Family

Unfold Close D.Illustrious Persons

Unfold Close E.Memorabilia and Curiosities

Last posts
Blog calendar
07-2018 August 2018
S M T W T F S
      01 02 03 04
05 06 07 08 09 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31