Historical Research - B.Places of Memory

B.Places of Memory

Capsule # 0-O - Quebec  -  by claudematte|ALL

Quebec

Borough St-Foy (page 1), St-Charles (page 2-5), Ste-Thérèse (Page 6) Further additions will be made as

Ste-Foy

Located in an exceptional environment alongside a beautiful cemetery and the Park of the Visitation. This has taken shape in recent years with the development of the ruins of the old church where you laid out gardens and a gazebo (Simard, Amyot and Associates, architects, 1997).

The recent restoration of the old rectory, a real heritage jewel, as well as considering the complete development of this beautiful urban park.

There is no headstone identified in the Matte name buried in this place.

This calamity was offered in 1898 by Mary Aylmer-Brophy to obtain the cure of her grandson John, son of Dr. Michael Henry Brophy and Ida Isabelle Nelson. This plaque was affixed in 2008 by the descendants of the Brophy family

St-Charles

June 16, 1854, the factory of the parish of Saint-Roch in Quebec acquired a piece of land on the edge of the Saint-Charles River, outside Quebec City, to turn it into a parish cemetery. The blessing of the Cemetery will be held on June 3, 1855, and the first burial held the next day. From this same year, families of the parish of Saint-Roch and SaintSauveur service are advised to bury the body only at the Saint-Charles cemetery.

1829 in 1858, the factory of the Saint-Roch parish administers three small cemeteries near the parish church. In 1858, the bodies buried in these cemeteries are identified and buried at the Saint-Charles cemetery where they are still based to this day. On 10 June 1867 remains an important date as the factory of the SaintRoch parish gives way to the fathers Oblates-of-Mary-Immaculate the current ground of the cemetery of Saint-Sauveur. The first burial occurred a month later, on July 10.

His eminence cardinal Elzéar - Alexandre Taschereau, Archbishop of the Quebec diocese, blessed of the cross of the Saint-Charles cemetery on July 21, 1889. The latter is still found today in the old part.

December 21, 1912, the Government of Quebec is non-profit corporation the "company of the cemetery Saint-Charles" that gets its Charter. The fathers Oblates-of-MaryImmaculate then give the cemetery of the parish of SaintSauveur to the new corporation.

A few decades later, more precisely in September 17, 1967, held the inauguration and blessing of the new part of the cemetery, located on boulevard Wilfrid-Hamel. The opening of the first phase of the columbarium mausoleum and crematorium was held on September 19, 1983.

On 23 May 2007, the parish of Notre-Dame-de-Québec factory and the factory of the St. John the Baptist Parish to join the seventeen parishes of members of the corporation of the "company of the graveyard St. Charles ' to ensure sustainability of the two large cemeteries of francophone strain of Quebec City

The Saint-Charles cemetery is the largest cemetery inter Parish East of Quebec. bringing together 17 parishes members, themselves from mergers. Located in the rivers, it was named in honor of the Saint-Charles River that passes nearby and consists of two parts: the oldest is at the West end of the Saint-Vallier Street and the new, just opposite, on the edge of the boulevard Wilfrid-Hamel.

The plan of the cemetery, signed by eminent architect Charles Baillargé, is inspired by the french gardens of the 18th century: there are rectangular lots separated by walkways, in a large field dotted with many trees and flowers, including some of the oldest trees of Quebec. It is also the largest green area in Quebec, after the plains of Abraham.

The personalities of the former Quebec City.

Several Prime Ministers, former mayors, famous artists, pioneering women in their sector of activities and communities with their roots overseas are buried in our cemeteries interparoissiaux. They are witnesses of our history and house funeral monuments of a great art. During your visits to the sites, you are sure to experience a memory, to the discovery of the great names in history.

Here, opposite avenue of the bridge Scott, a Pieta also called Virgin of mercy carries the inscription "Our Lady of mercy/A.D. 1945. The sculpture was probably installed at this former entrance of the cemetery when the Church decided to create a new parish. Our Lady of pity June 8, 1945. The Pietà is a Christian theme dating back to the 14th century. It represents the Virgin mother weeping her son whom she holds in her lap until put to the Tomb.

Ste-Thérèse

At the turn of the 18th century, as all the lands of the first rank of the Seigniory of Beauport were conceded, we open the ranks SaintJoseph, Saint-Michel, then Sainte-Thérèse.

October 29, 1935, the parish is erected canonically. In 1936, the parish received the authorization to build a church that could meet the needs of the growing population. In 1937, the new mission now has nearly 400 souls and is served by the parish priest of Beauport. On August 1, 1937, Bishop J. Omer Plante presided over the solemn blessing of the new church of Sainte-Therese de l’Enfant-Jesus de Beauport. A cave with a statue of St. Theresa was built in 1951, on the south side of the Sanctuary Ste-Thérèse-de-l'Enfant-Jesus becomes the 29 August 2005 a diocesan Sanctuary dedicated Ste-Thérèse of Lisieux. It is the only Sanctuary in Canada dedicated to our little Thérèse.

To date, there is no Matte buried here.


You have more information and images in PDF format

Capsule #0-O ( ? pages) Format  PDF: - Quebec

The capsules # 00 are information bearing the word Matte, the capsules # 0 are of general information used to complete the capsules identified # -1 (Charles) or # 1 (Nicolas and Madeleine) or # .2 (children) , etc., which correspond to lineages of Matte ancestors

Quebec

Borough St-Foy (page 1), St-Charles (page 2-5), Ste-Thérèse (Page 6) Further additions will be made as

Ste-Foy

Located in an exceptional environment alongside a beautiful cemetery and the Park of the Visitation. This has taken shape in recent years with the development of the ruins of the old church where you laid out gardens and a gazebo (Simard, Amyot and Associates, architects, 1997).

The recent restoration of the old rectory, a real heritage jewel, as well as considering the complete development of this beautiful urban park.

There is no headstone identified in the Matte name buried in this place.

This calamity was offered in 1898 by Mary Aylmer-Brophy to obtain the cure of her grandson John, son of Dr. Michael Henry Brophy and Ida Isabelle Nelson. This plaque was affixed in 2008 by the descendants of the Brophy family

St-Charles

June 16, 1854, the factory of the parish of Saint-Roch in Quebec acquired a piece of land on the edge of the Saint-Charles River, outside Quebec City, to turn it into a parish cemetery. The blessing of the Cemetery will be held on June 3, 1855, and the first burial held the next day. From this same year, families of the parish of Saint-Roch and SaintSauveur service are advised to bury the body only at the Saint-Charles cemetery.

1829 in 1858, the factory of the Saint-Roch parish administers three small cemeteries near the parish church. In 1858, the bodies buried in these cemeteries are identified and buried at the Saint-Charles cemetery where they are still based to this day. On 10 June 1867 remains an important date as the factory of the SaintRoch parish gives way to the fathers Oblates-of-Mary-Immaculate the current ground of the cemetery of Saint-Sauveur. The first burial occurred a month later, on July 10.

His eminence cardinal Elzéar - Alexandre Taschereau, Archbishop of the Quebec diocese, blessed of the cross of the Saint-Charles cemetery on July 21, 1889. The latter is still found today in the old part.

December 21, 1912, the Government of Quebec is non-profit corporation the "company of the cemetery Saint-Charles" that gets its Charter. The fathers Oblates-of-MaryImmaculate then give the cemetery of the parish of SaintSauveur to the new corporation.

A few decades later, more precisely in September 17, 1967, held the inauguration and blessing of the new part of the cemetery, located on boulevard Wilfrid-Hamel. The opening of the first phase of the columbarium mausoleum and crematorium was held on September 19, 1983.

On 23 May 2007, the parish of Notre-Dame-de-Québec factory and the factory of the St. John the Baptist Parish to join the seventeen parishes of members of the corporation of the "company of the graveyard St. Charles ' to ensure sustainability of the two large cemeteries of francophone strain of Quebec City

The Saint-Charles cemetery is the largest cemetery inter Parish East of Quebec. bringing together 17 parishes members, themselves from mergers. Located in the rivers, it was named in honor of the Saint-Charles River that passes nearby and consists of two parts: the oldest is at the West end of the Saint-Vallier Street and the new, just opposite, on the edge of the boulevard Wilfrid-Hamel.

The plan of the cemetery, signed by eminent architect Charles Baillargé, is inspired by the french gardens of the 18th century: there are rectangular lots separated by walkways, in a large field dotted with many trees and flowers, including some of the oldest trees of Quebec. It is also the largest green area in Quebec, after the plains of Abraham.

The personalities of the former Quebec City.

Several Prime Ministers, former mayors, famous artists, pioneering women in their sector of activities and communities with their roots overseas are buried in our cemeteries interparoissiaux. They are witnesses of our history and house funeral monuments of a great art. During your visits to the sites, you are sure to experience a memory, to the discovery of the great names in history.

Here, opposite avenue of the bridge Scott, a Pieta also called Virgin of mercy carries the inscription "Our Lady of mercy/A.D. 1945. The sculpture was probably installed at this former entrance of the cemetery when the Church decided to create a new parish. Our Lady of pity June 8, 1945. The Pietà is a Christian theme dating back to the 14th century. It represents the Virgin mother weeping her son whom she holds in her lap until put to the Tomb.

Ste-Thérèse

At the turn of the 18th century, as all the lands of the first rank of the Seigniory of Beauport were conceded, we open the ranks SaintJoseph, Saint-Michel, then Sainte-Thérèse.

October 29, 1935, the parish is erected canonically. In 1936, the parish received the authorization to build a church that could meet the needs of the growing population. In 1937, the new mission now has nearly 400 souls and is served by the parish priest of Beauport. On August 1, 1937, Bishop J. Omer Plante presided over the solemn blessing of the new church of Sainte-Therese de l’Enfant-Jesus de Beauport. A cave with a statue of St. Theresa was built in 1951, on the south side of the Sanctuary Ste-Thérèse-de-l'Enfant-Jesus becomes the 29 August 2005 a diocesan Sanctuary dedicated Ste-Thérèse of Lisieux. It is the only Sanctuary in Canada dedicated to our little Thérèse.

To date, there is no Matte buried here.


You have more information and images in PDF format

Capsule #0-O ( ? pages) Format  PDF: - Quebec

The capsules # 00 are information bearing the word Matte, the capsules # 0 are of general information used to complete the capsules identified # -1 (Charles) or # 1 (Nicolas and Madeleine) or # .2 (children) , etc., which correspond to lineages of Matte ancestors

Close Close

Published on 2018/01/02 02:50   | All the posts | Preview   Print...   | Top
Categories

Unfold Close Contents

Unfold Close A.Our First Ancestors

Unfold Close B.Places of Memory

Unfold Close D.Illustrious Persons

Unfold Close E.Memorabilia and Curiosities

Last posts
Blog calendar
11-2018 December 2018
S M T W T F S
            01
02 03 04 05 06 07 08
09 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31