Historical Research - B.Places of Memory

B.Places of Memory

Capsule # 0-N - Ste-Augustin-de-Desmaures  -  by claudematte|ALL

St-Augustin de Desmaures

The lordship of Desmaures was granted to Jean Juchereau September 18, 1647. He knew the uncertainty of its success in 1663 before many lordships were granted. He joined René Maheust and Jean Mathieu Amiot dit Villeneuve as the first inhabitants of St-Augustin de Desmaures (current name). The 1681 Census listed 175 inhabitants. This increase was an excellent reason to found a parish. Since 1663, the people had the sporadic visit of a missionary with civil acts being entered in the registers of Notre-Dame de Québec. St-Augustin Parish was created in 1691 and covered the territories of Desmaures (45) and Fossambault (48) see capsule 0-B. The first parish register began two years later in 1693.

The systematic survey of all epitaphs of the adjacent cemetery to the church built in 1813, and it located near the school secondary Laure - Gaudreault. The cemetery of St-Augustin was used as soon as the construction of the present church was completed. In July 1857, is the translation of the remains of the old cemetery located along t of roy in the current cemetery. St. Augustine itself also has two cemeteries. The second is located west on route 138.

Source: Deaths and burials of Saint-Augustin de Desmaures by Sylvie Tremblay, Société d'histoire de Neuville, year 2015, notebook #21.

You have more information and images in PDF format

Capsule #0-N (6 pages) Format PDF: - St-Augustin-de Desmaures

The capsules # 00 are information bearing the word Matte, the capsules # 0 are of general information used to complete the capsules identified # -1 (Charles) or # 1 (Nicolas and Madeleine) or # .2 (children) , etc., which correspond to lineages of Matte ancestors.

St-Augustin de Desmaures

The lordship of Desmaures was granted to Jean Juchereau September 18, 1647. He knew the uncertainty of its success in 1663 before many lordships were granted. He joined René Maheust and Jean Mathieu Amiot dit Villeneuve as the first inhabitants of St-Augustin de Desmaures (current name). The 1681 Census listed 175 inhabitants. This increase was an excellent reason to found a parish. Since 1663, the people had the sporadic visit of a missionary with civil acts being entered in the registers of Notre-Dame de Québec. St-Augustin Parish was created in 1691 and covered the territories of Desmaures (45) and Fossambault (48) see capsule 0-B. The first parish register began two years later in 1693.

The systematic survey of all epitaphs of the adjacent cemetery to the church built in 1813, and it located near the school secondary Laure - Gaudreault. The cemetery of St-Augustin was used as soon as the construction of the present church was completed. In July 1857, is the translation of the remains of the old cemetery located along t of roy in the current cemetery. St. Augustine itself also has two cemeteries. The second is located west on route 138.

Source: Deaths and burials of Saint-Augustin de Desmaures by Sylvie Tremblay, Société d'histoire de Neuville, year 2015, notebook #21.

You have more information and images in PDF format

Capsule #0-N (6 pages) Format PDF: - St-Augustin-de Desmaures

The capsules # 00 are information bearing the word Matte, the capsules # 0 are of general information used to complete the capsules identified # -1 (Charles) or # 1 (Nicolas and Madeleine) or # .2 (children) , etc., which correspond to lineages of Matte ancestors.

Close Close

Published on 2018/01/02 02:40   | All the posts | Preview   Print...   | Top
Categories

Unfold Close Contents

Unfold Close A.Our First Ancestors

Unfold Close B.Places of Memory

Unfold Close D.Illustrious Persons

Unfold Close E.Memorabilia and Curiosities

Last posts
Blog calendar
11-2018 December 2018
S M T W T F S
            01
02 03 04 05 06 07 08
09 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31