Historical Research - B.Places of Memory

B.Places of Memory

Capsule # 0-C - The Notre Dame des Anges Seigneurie  -  by claudematte|ALL

Conceded the Jesuits in simple router in 1626 by Henri de Levy, Duke of Ventadour and Viceroy of New France, the fief of Notre-Dame-des-Anges extends from the Saint-Charles River to the river Beauport, on four leagues of depth. During the creation of the Companies des Cent-Associés, sanctioned by Louis XIII in May 1628, the land of the Jesuits, as all other concessions, becomes the property of this new company. In the capitulation of Québec in 1629, the Jesuits are forced to abandon their property. They are back in New-France in 1632. The Companies des Cent-Associés confirmed as owners of the stronghold on 16 January 1637. It will be erected in Lordship on January 17, 1652.

Figure 4: Map (detail) performed by Jean-Baptiste Decouagne in 1709 illustrating the part of the seigneury occupied by the former City of Giffard. The location of the "Jesuit" means the farm Notre-Dame-de-Bon-Secours. (GSJ)

The land bordering the Beauport River was granted to Jacques Badeau in 1651 and 1671. In 1660 Pierre Parent, son-in-law, is concede 16 acres joining this earth; then, in 1668, it acquires 16 square perches near a career. Finally, in 1672, it will acquire 200 acres at the edge of the seigneury of Notre-Dame-des-Anges, North-West of the field of the Lord of Beauport. Adjacent to the farm in Notre-Dame-de-Bonsecours, closes the Jesuits, this land roughly corresponds to the sector as part of the historic Borough of Beauport, which extends west to the avenue des Martyrs. Characterization study of the historic Borough of Beauport Commission of the cultural heritage of Quebec − January 2005

 Capsule # 0-A (5Pages) Format  PDF: - Seigneury of Notre-Dame des Anges

The capsules # 00 are information bearing the word Matte, the capsules # 0 are of general information used to complete the capsules identified # 0 (Charles) or # 1 (Nicolas and Madeleine) or # .2 (children) , etc., which correspond to lineages of Matte ancestors.

Conceded the Jesuits in simple router in 1626 by Henri de Levy, Duke of Ventadour and Viceroy of New France, the fief of Notre-Dame-des-Anges extends from the Saint-Charles River to the river Beauport, on four leagues of depth. During the creation of the Companies des Cent-Associés, sanctioned by Louis XIII in May 1628, the land of the Jesuits, as all other concessions, becomes the property of this new company. In the capitulation of Québec in 1629, the Jesuits are forced to abandon their property. They are back in New-France in 1632. The Companies des Cent-Associés confirmed as owners of the stronghold on 16 January 1637. It will be erected in Lordship on January 17, 1652.

Figure 4: Map (detail) performed by Jean-Baptiste Decouagne in 1709 illustrating the part of the seigneury occupied by the former City of Giffard. The location of the "Jesuit" means the farm Notre-Dame-de-Bon-Secours. (GSJ)

The land bordering the Beauport River was granted to Jacques Badeau in 1651 and 1671. In 1660 Pierre Parent, son-in-law, is concede 16 acres joining this earth; then, in 1668, it acquires 16 square perches near a career. Finally, in 1672, it will acquire 200 acres at the edge of the seigneury of Notre-Dame-des-Anges, North-West of the field of the Lord of Beauport. Adjacent to the farm in Notre-Dame-de-Bonsecours, closes the Jesuits, this land roughly corresponds to the sector as part of the historic Borough of Beauport, which extends west to the avenue des Martyrs. Characterization study of the historic Borough of Beauport Commission of the cultural heritage of Quebec − January 2005

 Capsule # 0-A (5Pages) Format  PDF: - Seigneury of Notre-Dame des Anges

The capsules # 00 are information bearing the word Matte, the capsules # 0 are of general information used to complete the capsules identified # 0 (Charles) or # 1 (Nicolas and Madeleine) or # .2 (children) , etc., which correspond to lineages of Matte ancestors.

Close Close

Published on 2018/01/02 01:30   | All the posts | Preview   Print...   | Top
Categories

Unfold Close Contents

Unfold Close A.Our First Ancestors

Unfold Close B.Places of Memory

Unfold Close C.The Local Branches of the Family

Unfold Close D.Illustrious Persons

Unfold Close E.Memorabilia and Curiosities

Last posts
Blog calendar
07-2018 August 2018
S M T W T F S
      01 02 03 04
05 06 07 08 09 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31